49 Awesome Photography Hacks, Mods And DIY Projects
Following the great demand, here are 49 Awesome Photography Hacks, Mods And DIY Projects.
Something for everyone with Tripod hacks, lighting hacks, light modifiers mods and a few crazy projects that are simply not classifiable.
Tripods Photography Projects
In this section tripod for macro photography, tripods for food photography, tripod for your bicycles. Did I say tripods?
- The DIY Gorilla Pod
- The DIY Macro Rail
- DIY L-Plate / L-Bracket
- How to Make a DIY Camera Stand
- DIY Studio Camera Stand
- Building a Bicycle Camera Mount
- How To Build A Through-The-Window Camera Car Mount
Light Stand Photography Projects
Here you'll find all your light stand needs. If it's mounting a flash where no flash can be mounted, clamping it, sticking it, of making a new lightstand out of PVC scraps.
- Trading Your GPS For a Flash
- Using Clamps As Flash Light Stands
- PVC Backdrop/Light Stand
- The Plaster Spatula Lighting Stand
- Using light stands outside
Flash Accessory Photography Projects
Got a flash? Good chances that you do, if you are reading this site. Here are some tweaks that will spoil your flash. Be it mounting, synchronizing with your camera or simply making a huge ring flash. There is even a jetpack hiding there.
- Pocket Wizard Mounting Device II
- The Strobist Corner - Extending Your TTL Flash Cord
- What Can You do With Six Speedlights and a Coffee Can
- Altoids To The Rescue - The Minty Strobe
- Add a sync port to 580 EX
- [video] The Strobist Jet Pack
Light Modifiers Photography Projects
If you're a Strobist this is the section for you.
- The 15 second DIY adjustable snoot
- Ring Flash
- [video] DIY Ring-Flash with build images and sample shots...
- Speedlight SB-800 + reflector
- building a Mini Soft Box
- Fifty cent flash bounce
- DIY Flash Diffuser - Airline Barf Bags
- Speed Ring Set Up
- The Square Ring Flash
- How To Build A Sweet And Simple CFL Strip Light
Pinhole Camera Photography Projects
This one's for all the pinhole lovers. If you can't get over death of film we have some great film projects here - you won't even need a camera - you'll build it. And if you're all digital, well... that covered too.
- How To Build a Matchbox Pinhole Camera
- Making a Pinhole Lens for SLR Cameras
- Digital Pinhole Camera
- [video] building a pinhole camera , 35mm style
General Lighting Photography Projects
This is where you can get your lighting fix. And no, those are not flashes.
- DIY Reflector (Iowa Sunbounce)
- Using Your Monitor as a Light Source
- White Seamless Tutorial
- Ring Light Softbox
- DIY Florescent Keno-Flo Lights
Other Wacky Photography Projects
The rest of the ends and odds. If it's into photography and have even the slightest DIY involved you'll find it here. From custom shaped bokeh through joystick shutter release and ending in 3D DIY camera.
- Amiga Joystick - USB Camera Cable Release
- Army Surplus Camera Carrying Belt
- The DIY R-Strap
- Create Your Own Bokeh
- The Bokeh Shape-O-Matic
- The Trashcanulator 2000
- The $2.25 Photo DIY Replacement for a Hoodman Loupe
- [video] High Speed Photography
- Make Your Own 3D Camera for $15 or Less
- Build a Film Developing Kit for Under $50
- How To Give An Old Nifty-Fifty A New Life
Here are 43 more Photography Projects.
Know of more cool projects? Hit us on the comments.
[This is a new and improved edition of an old post, if you've seen it before, simply give it a big hug and move on :)]