When Interfit first released the Honey Badger, it just looked like a straight up copy of the Alien Bees DigiBee. But Interfit has is busting the Badger out of that mould with their next generation Badger Unleashed lithium-ion battery powered portable strobe.
It resembles the original Honey Badger but offers TTL and High Speed Sync. And, of course, there are no wires to worry about, thanks to a built-in battery.
The TTL and HSS capabilities are only compatible with Nikon, Canon and Sony using the Interfit radio system. Other brands can use it, but you only get manual control and only up to your sync speed. It has a 9 stop power range in 0.1 stop increments, with a 1.5 second full power recycle time. And you can expect to get up to 430 of those on a full battery charge.
- Power: 250Ws
- Power range: 9 stops in 0.1 stop increments
- Modifier mount: Bowens
- Modelling Light: 15W LED / 1250 Lumen / Daylight balanced
- Flash modes: TTL / M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Nikon / Canon / Sony TTL radio slave modes
- Range: 100m
- 15 Channels
- 3 Groups – A / B / C
- Optical slave mode
- 2900mAh Li-Ion battery pack
- 430 Full power flashes
- 1.5 second recycle time at full power
- IGBT technology
- Colour temp – 5700K +/- 100K
- Frosted glass diffuser dome
- 3.5mm sync port
- USB port for firmware
- Dimensions: 12.7 x 12.7 x 17.8 (5x5x7″)
- Weight: 1.8kg (3.9lb)
If you want to check them out in person, they’ll be on display during Photokina 2018 at the Interfit stand. Hall 2.1, Stand E036.
[via Flash Havoc]