Antti Karppinen is an Internationally awarded commercial photographer, digital artist, photographer, retoucher and educator from Finland and he belongs to a new generation of image artisans, to whom all things are possible. In the digital era, the most powerful stories will be told in pictures.
Hey, I’m back with another self-development article (the room empties haha)…wait! This you need to hear. Last time I discussed the secret ingredients to achieving your dreams. Well to consistently do this you need to make sure you are taking care of both your body and your mind.[Read More…]
Colin Anderson is a photographer and digital artist from Austrailia. Considered a generalist, Colin’s work is stylistic, conceptual and often narrative based. A vision, that has been shared with such diverse companies as Adobe,The United States Air Force, Accor, AMP, Compaq, Dell, Discovery Channel, EMI, Esanda, Fuji,Harper Collins New York, Hayman Island Resort, Hotel Sofitel, IBM, Ingram Micro, Kodak, LG, Maxtor, Mecure Hotel, Merrill Lynch, National Geographic Channel, Newsweek, Panasonic, Penguin Books New York, Random House New York, Samsung, Sheraton, Telstra, Toshiba, Warner Bros, Universal and many more.[Read More…]
If you read the title you are probably thinking what the hell is this douche on about. This sounds like some new age bulls***. Well, welcome aboard the new age bull**** train! I’ve decided I am going to write some smaller personal articles on self-development, mindset, and routines. It’s not always easy working in this industry, and sometimes it’s nice to know we share our struggles, and experiences with thousands of other creatives…..we just don’t hear about them.[Read More…]
How many times have you heard, how hard can it be, all you do is press a button!
I truly wish that was the case because my life would be so much easier. People think life as a creative is all fun and games. Sitting at a desk doodling, listening to music as you edit….or jet-setting around the world to conventions, networking and partying with friends. That may be true for 1% of the industry, but for the other 99% its a game of hard work and determination. Trying to be the photographer, digital artist, marketer, social media guru and about 5 other jobs all rolled into one. If you come into this industry thinking it’s going to be easy then be prepared for a shock! It is a huge strain on your mental and physical well being!
Marko Stamatovic was born on 13th February 1977 in Kragujevac. Graduated at the Faculty of Philology and Art, Department for Graphic Design in 2008. The member of ULUPUDS (National Applied Arts & Design Association) since 2008, department for the artistic photography and design. So far he has 23 solo exhibitions and participated in over a hundred salons and group exhibitions in the country and abroad, while his works have been published in many publications and magazines like Politika, REFOTO, Novi Magazin, Svetlost, CityWalker, Digital, Digital Camera, Mobil, Danas, Blic, National Geographic Serbia, Smithsonian Magazine, Wanderlust, Tourist World, BLUR, Arts Illustrated, Independent, The Telegraph , Guardian etc etc.. Currently works as a professor of Art in Kragujevac, while he delivers his knowledge about graphics, photography, costimography and puppet design as an art director of photo&design studio „Marko Stamatovic Studios“. Also works as contributing photographer of National Geographic Serbia Magazine. Director and founder of the first festival of artistic photography in Serbia FOTORAMA[Read More…]
Justin Rosenberg is a photographer who loves fog! But that’s not all he shoots, in his own words he says ‘In my images, I aim to convey a sense of that hope in the struggle. Much of my work focuses on a single subject relating to a seemingly harsh/sparse environment. I’m often drawn to the natural world as a setting; particularly cold, foggy, and gloomy scenes. I find there to be a beautiful vulnerability in the loneliness and isolation of a subject in a harsh/sparse spaces.
Though fog is not in all of my work (mainly due to my lack of ability to control the weather), whenever possible, I try to incorporate it. Fog forces you to be in the present moment. In any direction, you can only see for a just a little bit, so all you’re left with is exactly what is happening in that moment. You can look in front of you, but you can’t see the future. You can look behind you, and you’re not defined by the past. You’re just exactly where you are, right where you need to be, right when you need to be there.’