If you’ve been reading DIYP for a while now, you know that I am a fool for home made softboxes.
DIYP has featured all kind of softboxes, ranging from small light weight camera strobe to big studio photography strobes. Some are minutes to build and some are hours. Here is a list of some of the better softboxes we’ve had here on DIYP:
– The Best Softbox Ever (Image is from this project by Nick Wheeler)
– Two Great Weekend Projects – Striplight and Softbox
– Even Better Softbox Part One – The Build Process
– Even Better Softbox Part Two – The Test Results
– a home grown softbox
– Flash Mounted homemade DIY Softbox
One of the trickier parts of growing a softbox at home is the planning. The delicate work done by professionals to calculate the lengths of segments. The gentle work of trigonometry to calculate the angels. Light-less nights spent in dark basements with calipers.
(Actually it is the drawing of the the
individual pieces before you glue them together that is the real hard task)