Russian influencer Ekaterina Didenko recently threw a party that went incredibly wrong. During the party, her husband reportedly poured 55 lb of dry ice into a swimming pool for “visual effects.” This caused him and two other guests to die from carbon dioxide poisoning, and what started as celebration ended in a terrible disaster.
A Utah photographer Thomas Fox Shea has been charged with arson and criminal trespass after setting a house on fire in order to take photos. No, I didn’t make a mistake: he admitted he started the fire so he could photograph it, and it got out of control, burning is facial hair and eyebrows off.
India’s West Bengal state has seen eight trampling deaths in the past ten days. The latest tragedy happened when a photographer got too close to a herd of wild elephants in an attempt to photograph them. This got the animals enraged, and one of the elephants crushed the photographer to death.
Stupid selfie risks seem to be on the rise, leading to ever-increasing bans on places where you can shoot. But being stupid while shooting photos of others is also pretty common. This video shows the moment when 20-year-old Emily Koford was photographing her mother at the Grand Canyon and almost slipped straight off the edge.
A 17-year-old boy was killed by a train in Troutdale, Oregon on Saturday evening. According to multiple reports, the tragedy happened while he was taking his senior photos near the Troutdale Bridge.
Even though several people have died after posing for photos on great heights, I guess some folks still think it’s cool to risk your life for a shot. A woman from Mexico recently fell from 80 feet (24.3 m) while practicing “extreme yoga” on the balcony rail. As you can guess, she was doing it for the sake of a photo. She reportedly survived the fall, but she was seriously injured.
A woman from Tacoma, Washington recently ended up in hospital after posing with a live octopus on her face. Reportedly, she thought that the photo will help her win a local photo competition. But instead, the venomous animal bit her on the face and sent her to the emergency room.
It looks as if toxic lakes are rising in popularity among Instagrammers and the latest hit is Monte Neme in Galicia, Spain. Several visitors have reported skin rashes and stomach issues after taking photos in the water. Some of them have even ended up in the hospital after suffering damage to their skin and digestive systems.
People of Instagram would do anything for likes, no matter how dangerous, disrespectful or stupid it is. The latest trend on Instagram is taking photos near or in “Novosibirsk Maldives,” a gorgeous azure lake in Siberia. The problem is that a nearby coal plant uses this artificial lake to dump ash, so it’s heavily polluted. But it seems that the Insta-craze has gone so far, that the company running the plant had to issue an official warning against swimming in it.
On 26 May current year, eight climbers went missing in the Indian Himalayas. Sadly, seven of them were found dead 20 days later, presumably by triggering an avalanche. A recently recovered GoPro footage shows what could have been their last minutes before the tragic event.