Profoto has announced the new B10 Plus strobe, doubling the power of the B10 from 250Ws to 500Ws. It’s a little longer than the B10, coming in at 9.3″ long vs 7″, but offers 10 stops of range, up to 1/50,000 sec t.05 flash duration in freeze mode, and up to 100 metres wireless triggering.
- Maximum power: 500 Ws
- Power control: 10 stops
- Flash duration t.5: 1/50,000 to 1/1300 sec
- Recycle time: 0.05 to 2.5 sec
- Colour temperature: 5600K
- Flash ready indicator: Audio
- Reflector: 3.9″ / 9.91 cm fixed
- Modelling light: LED
- Modelling light colour temperature: 5600K
- Wireless frequency bands: 2.4 GHz
- Wireless range: 100.6 m (330′)
- Interface: USB Type-C
- Battery: 14.4v lithium ion
- Capacity: 3000mAh
- Flashes per charge: 200 (full power)
- Recharge time: 1.5 hours
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 23.6cm (3.9 x 9.3″)
- Weight: 1.91kg (4.2lb)
Overall, it looks very similar to the B10, just a little longer. So, you might struggle to get this one in your camera bag as easily as you did the B10.
While the B10 Plus has double the power, it utilises the same battery. So, at full power, you’ll only get half as many pops, but at equivalent power, both lights should deliver the same amount of total light output on a single charge – a charge that takes around 90 minutes.
The main differences, essentially between the B10 and B10 Plus are the power, size and weight. It’s double the power, it’s a little longer, and it’s a little heftier than the B10 at 1.91kg vs 1.5kg.