Nikon’s newest mirrorless system offers 4K video as expected, as well as a bump in megapixels, a backside-illumination sensor and up to 20 frames per second with continuous autofocus.
A tilting touchscreen, new EXPEED 5A image processor, built-in WiFi and NFC support make the camera even more attractive.
The camera is available for pre-order and will begin shipping on April 30th.
Below are some of the specs:
- New 20.8MP backside-illumination CMOS image sensor
- New EXPEED 5A image-processing engine
- World’s fastest continuous shooting with AF at up to approximately 20 fps
- 60 fps burst rate (with locked focus)
- 20 frame buffer capacity
- World’s shortest shooting time lag
- 171 AF (105 phase-detection)
- ISO 160–12800
- Fn (function) button
- 3”, 1037k dots tilting touchscreen
- 4K video (though only 15fps)
- FHD Video 1080p/60fps
- Low-res video at up to 1200fps for super slow motion
- NFC support
- Built-in WiFi
- Small grip
- 2.7x crop factor
The camera is available for pre-order in various combos: