Our image manipulation store is now at 93 products, and this is quite awesome. We are trying really hard to keep the prices low, and frankly, most of our textures are around $15 per package, which I think that is quite awesome.
We are able to grow mostly through how sharing, liking and commenting on Facebook and other social media works, so keep on spreading the word. This is what allows us to give you a 30% discount on everything you buy for thre days starting on March 3rd (today). Just use the coupon happy333 on checkout.
But there is another reason we are making this coupon.
Over the last weekend though, our servers almost died several times and we went on an investigation. It seems that our store was shared on a forum or social media as a free resource, and we had more orders and downloads of free packages than we can handle. (and you have to trust me when I say that this is quite a lot). Aside from the servers playing games on us, the entire team was answering mails from photographers who could not understand why their files were broken.
That sent us to the drawing boards to think how can we keep our paying customers happy, while providing top notch quality files.
Lets talk about the CC-BY packages
- 97.4% of our orders include at least one CC-BY-package
- 94% of the orders consist exclusively of CC-BY-packages
- we see about 3 mentions per week saying thanks for the CC-BY packages
- Since the store started nearly 20,000 CC-BY packages were served
- The store was mentioned about 35 times in relation to the CC-BY packages with a link to the store
Here is a graphical representation of how the orders split between commercial and CC-BY packages.
And if we look at traffic (which is where a lot of our resources are going, considering that many packages are over 1 Gig) we see this.
So where do we go from here
we want to keep our focus on creating kick ass packages and providing excellent tutorials on how to use them. We also want to provide top notch support to anyone who paid for content
- We are removing the CC-BY packages from the store
- for the next three days, we are doing a 30% off everything on the store sale
- we will continue to work on the quality and variety of packages
- we will work hard on introducing more high-quality image manipulation content in the blog
- We will greatly enhance our support for future customers
We are aware that we are probably offending a small group of “leechers”, who only got all the CC-BY packages, but honestly: toughs! . We see many orders “of 28 CC-BY packages” and those are not helping anyone.
The last 6 months have been amazing! Honestly – the community forming around the store is just stellar and I am really looking to waking up int he morning and working with and for that community. It is a privilege and I do appreciate it! It’s too bad that leachers have abused the system and honor was cracked a bit, but I know that removing the CC-BY packages will strengthen to community and make us grow
I think you understand that.
P.S. This is the biggest discount we ever ran on the entire store, and it will probably be that way for quite a bit of time. Share this sale with your friends. They will thank you for the great resource and we will thank you for helping us grow.
P.P.S. Go and use the coupon happy333 on the Image Manipulation Store for 30% off EVERYTHING
FIND THIS INTERESTING? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!