UPDATE: well, I guess you got it by now, you don’t need our Auxiliary Layers as they are no different from the layers you make yourself in Photoshop :), just some harmless April’s fools mischief – If you did download the package, there is a sweet 20% off surprise for you there.
It’s been a while since we opened the Image Manipulation Store and we are quite happy with how it works and the community forming around it. This is why we approached our German partners and asked them to create the most awesome package they can. They said yes! thus creating the Auxiliary Layers package.
The Auxiliary Layers Package
We created this package distinctly to gap the bridge between photoshop artists and photographers. Between beginners and pros. It is good for everyone! The 40 Auxiliary Layers in this package can be used for just about any kind of retouching. If you care about working in a non destructive mode, it is essential to have access to tools like this. While usually creating empty auxiliary layers layers can be a repeating and tiresome process, we simplified, streamlined and standardized the workflow with this package.
We wanted those layers to be accessible to everyone so the Auxiliary Layers come in several different formats:
- For small retouching we have Auxiliary layers at 100x100px. This size is optimal for the removal of small flaws for example or as a baseline for working on eyelashes. Duplicating this layer also makes the 100×100 size great for retouching the eyes.
- If the 100×100 size is too small (maybe you have raw files from a medium format back), we also provide 200x200px Auxiliary layers.
- If that is not enough, for example if you are doing larger areas like hair, then you would want the 1000x1000px Auxiliary layer, and of course we made this one as well.
- Movie fans take note – just for you, we made an Auxiliary layer at the standard HD format: 1920x1080px.
- Landscape photographers will surely appreciate the panoramic format of 10,000×2,000px.
All Auxiliary Layers can also be subsequently further reduced or enlarged. Because they are smart objects, there will no loss of quality.
All layers are delivered in 8bit and 16bit formats. Nothing is more annoying than a retouch work in 16bit, which must then be converted jsu because some of the assets are 8bit. So one can easily prevent banding and color breaks in subtle shades and of course especially in black and white work.
In addition to the native Photoshop PSD format we supply the auxiliary layer as TIFF. This ensures backward compatibility and artists who have not converted to the CC model can still benefit from this package.
THE BEST FOR LAST
We have something to celebrate, the store had the best month ever i March so we are giving the Auxiliary layer package for free for today only. you don’t even need to register, this is how grateful we are.
P.S. So what are you waiting for, get the package and create something beautiful!