Good news for all adventurers comes from Fujifilm. They have announced new FinePix XP120, a rugged compact camera for all sorts of outdoor adventures. It has a 16.4MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor and 28-140mm Fujinon lens. The camera is waterproof to 65 feet (20 meters), shockproof to 5.7 feet (1.75 meters), freeze proof to 14°F (-10°C) and sealed against dust and sand.
The new camera contains various features in a compact body. Thanks to this, it’s suitable for traveling and shooting in extreme conditions. This isn’t only because it’s rugged and durable, but also because it’s compact and lightweight. It weighs 203 g with battery and memory card. In their official press release, Fujifilm gives more details about the camera. These are some of the key features they point out:
- 4MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor and FUJINON 5x optical zoom lens with 28mm wide-angle setting
- Four-way protection
- Waterproof up to 65 feet/20 meters, shockproof to 5.7 feet/1.75 meters, freeze proof to 14°F/ -10°C and dust proof
- Compact lightweight design with 3.0 inch 920K dot high definition LCD monitor with anti-reflective coating
- Scene Recognition Mode quickly determines the scene before optimizing focus, exposure and shutter speed for best possible results
- Underwater and underwater macro functions available
- Remote Shooting function: Allows for wireless connection from the XP120 to a smartphone or tablet for remote camera operations such as releasing the shutter or zooming in and out
- Interval Timer Shooting: Automatically shoot any number of images in set intervals
- Interval can be set to either 5 or 10 minutes, or 15, 30 or 60 seconds
- Burst Mode up to 10 fps, and Advanced Burst Mode capable of shooting at up to 60 fps
- Time Lapse Video: Automatically converts images taken with interval timer to video
- Frame rates of 10fps, 30fps or 60 fps can be selected along with three different types of movie size, including full HD. Allows for capturing transitions in nature from a stationary point, such as sunsets or opening flowers
- Wireless LAN connectivity, Smartphone Transfer and the FUJIFILM Camera Remote app
- Transfer photos and videos from the XP120 to your smartphone or tablet, or directly to the Instax Share SP-2 Printer for quick, high-quality prints
- Cinemagraph mode: produces still images with moving elements
- Motion Panorama 360° function for superb panoramic shots, and the Advanced Filter function to create advanced artistic effects with ease
- Select from 11 filters when taking pictures or 7 filters during video recording
- Records smooth Full HD video at 1080/60p with a dedicated movie button
- Wind Filter Setting: reduces wind noise which is often a problem with outdoor movie recording
The camera will be available in four colors: blue, sky blue, lime and yellow. As the press release states, it will be available for orders late February 2017. The price is USD $229.95.
X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition body will be supplied with some tailor-made accessories. These include a premium leather strap, aluminum hot shoe cover and matching EF-X8 hot-shoe mount flash. X-Pro2 Graphite Edition Kit includes X-Pro2 Body with XF23mmF2 R WR Lens and a lens hood.
These two cameras will be released in the US sooner than the FinePix XP120 – in late January 2017. X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition body comes with a price of USD $1,799.95, and you can get the X-Pro2 Graphite Edition for USD $2,299.95.