16 tips to +1 your Instagram game
It’s amazing how Instagram has taken on as a platform. Some use it as a marketing tool, but others has taken on the platform to create a new kind of engagement. (Follow DIYP’s insta here)
Something that is part photography, part marketing, and part lifestyle. For some reason, Instagram has really taken of a a way of telling your story. It is probably one of the most engaging platforms out there.
If you have just started or am looking to up your game, the folks at COOPH just released a collaboration with 2 million followers Instagram star Chris Burkard. And having 2,000,000 followers kina puts his money where his shots are. Look at the video on the top or read the tips after the jump. Some are trivial, others are worth gold. Does any of this resonate with you?
- Only posting selfies is zzz… Go on adventures and look for great light
- Use hyper lapse app and get speedy
- Keep it chill with slow-motion
- Keep it consistent: Same look & feel, Same themes
- Use editing apps like VSCO & Snapseed
- Focus on telling a great story, write a great caption
- Add a location to your photo for higher engagement
- Only use relevant hashtags
- Use Instagram Stories to engage with your audience
- Search hashtags you love and drop likes & follows
- If you comment, most people will check out your account
- Look out for accounts that regram (like @thecooph)
- Share your instagram handle everywhere (e-signature, website etc.)
- Stop monkeying around with #followback
- Stop ghost following
- Don’t steal other people’s photos, get out their and take your own
Udi Tirosh is an entrepreneur, photography inventor, journalist, educator, and writer based in Israel. With over 25 years of experience in the photo-video industry, Udi has built and sold several photography-related brands. Udi has a double degree in mass media communications and computer science.