You Can't Break A Window Without Making Some Glass
Wasn't really sure how to tag this one as far as site categories go. Ended up going in to inspiration.
It is a short flick by J. P. Morgan explaining on how to make Breakaway Glass. Breakaway glass is the glass used when you see things break in a movie, like a person going through a show window or that oh-so-common whine bottle on the head shot.
Turns out it takes very little to produce breakaway glass. The film and recipe after the jump.
- 2 cups of Distilled water.
- 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- 3 1/2 cups of Sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tarter.
- Add all ingredients into the metal cooking pot.
- Bring mixture to boil stirring it constantly.
- Let it continue boiling on high until it reaches 300 degrees.
- This will take about 45 minutes.
- Spray the cookie sheet with the spray cooking oil.
- Pour the mixture onto the cookie sheet and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Your glass is finished. Because of the spray oil it will fall right out of the cookie sheet
[Via The Slanted Lens, thansk for the tip Hector]