Use Toilet Tank Lift Wires To Make a Self Standing Monopod Staff
If you like both hiking and photography you'd probably be thrilled at this hack which converts any wooden hiking staff into a self standing monopod.
This means that when you are hiking all by yourself (or with a friend) you will always have a way to take a selfy (or a couplefy).
Here is the relevant 'toilet' part from Camera Technica:
"The key to stabilizing the monopod is to mount a series of wire rods which can be inserted into the ground like tent stakes. Use any lightweight rod material you wish, but we found these toilet tank repair kit accessories to work well. They fold out of the way when not being used and they don’t add any extra weight.
And if you wanna keep on the go, your stuff can now double as an X-shot.
For the full instructions head over to cameratechnica.
Thanks for sending this in, Allen
- Build Guide: A Modern Old Camera That Eats Photo Paper
- How To Build A Spherical Panoramic (360) Head
- A Shotgun Camera Tripod - Mounting A Camera Next To The Driver's Seat
- Use A Toilet Flange For Elevated Video While Kayaking
- PanoDuino Is The Most Awesomest 360 DIY Pano Head (Yes, Arduino Is Involved)