Apple doesn’t have any plans on implementing 4K into their iPhone models anytime soon, as we already know from last week’s keynote, but it looks like someone managed to make it happen already. Developing company i4software has a new app out called Vizzywig 4K, and if you’ve got an iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0, and about $1,000, you can get it from the App Store right now.
Yesterday, Sony’s upcoming QX1 was leaked onto the internet, giving us our first look at the lens mount and exactly what it’s expected to bring to smartphone users. The device wasn’t just officially announced today; it’s coming with a partner, as well, called the QX30.
I’ll start off with a TL;DR. Basically, we got the QX1 down yesterday: a mount compatible with any E-mount lens Sony offers. The newly announced QX30, however, is a fixed lens mount with an appropriate-to-title 30X optical zoom.
A few months ago, Sony unveiled its new flagship smartphone: the Xperia Z2, which is still awaiting its release. One of the taglines for the phone called the Z2′s gear “the world’s best smartphone camera”. And it seems like the company may not be exaggerating at all. The phone just scored a 79 out of 100 on the DxOMark Mobile Scale, which puts it above Nokia’s 41 Megapixel 808 PureView as the highest rated smartphone camera out there.
Last spring, The Chicago Sun-Times laid off twenty-nine of their photographers, which essentially eliminated the entirety of their photography department. Wrapports LLC, the owner of the struggling company, was quickly put under criticism and gained contrroversy aver its actions, which were made in order to cut costs. How did they plan on compensating in absence of the department? Back then, they stated their intentions to rely on “wire services and free-lancers”, while their reporters were to be trained in photography with iPhones.
- This tripod, designed by Benny Johansson, can be placed on top of bottles or stand for it self.
- Flexible enough to fit most of the common bottle tops and caps.
- the phone can be tilted 0-8 degrees on one side and 15 on the other.
- the elastic can be used to secure the phone from falling out, ( a string in the middle of the screen is not ideal but most camera controls are at the left or right side of the screen so it works okay for most of the time )
- can also be used as a viewing stand
- can be folded flat ( the “holy hinges” has good durability, see my test ) [Read more...]