A few months ago, Sony unveiled its new flagship smartphone: the Xperia Z2, which is still awaiting its release. One of the taglines for the phone called the Z2′s gear “the world’s best smartphone camera”. And it seems like the company may not be exaggerating at all. The phone just scored a 79 out of 100 on the DxOMark Mobile Scale, which puts it above Nokia’s 41 Megapixel 808 PureView as the highest rated smartphone camera out there.
Last spring, The Chicago Sun-Times laid off twenty-nine of their photographers, which essentially eliminated the entirety of their photography department. Wrapports LLC, the owner of the struggling company, was quickly put under criticism and gained contrroversy aver its actions, which were made in order to cut costs. How did they plan on compensating in absence of the department? Back then, they stated their intentions to rely on “wire services and free-lancers”, while their reporters were to be trained in photography with iPhones.
- This tripod, designed by Benny Johansson, can be placed on top of bottles or stand for it self.
- Flexible enough to fit most of the common bottle tops and caps.
- the phone can be tilted 0-8 degrees on one side and 15 on the other.
- the elastic can be used to secure the phone from falling out, ( a string in the middle of the screen is not ideal but most camera controls are at the left or right side of the screen so it works okay for most of the time )
- can also be used as a viewing stand
- can be folded flat ( the “holy hinges” has good durability, see my test ) [Read more...]