Speed Links for 07-10-2009
In this edition of DIYP speedlinks: scanner cameras, setting up and tearing down, food photography and bedsheets.
We also have some classic DOF tutorial. Just to keep it linked with some good ol' photography.
Oh yea, and a flower pot.
- Studio @ Home - 1st Assignment
The first assignment of our Studio @ Home series is up! looking forward to your submissions
- how to make the scanner camera
Scanner camera are cool. A combination of good DIY and gazillion megapixel camera. Check out spyuge's photostream for some great images taken with this technique.
- Bedsheet Thief Strikes Yet Again, This Time In Venice….
never leave your bedsheets unattended lest they become lighting accessories. Talk to Joe, he knows a guy who knows a guy that will get 'em back
- How to Make a Remote Shutter Release from a Doorbell
Digital Photography School
The simplicity of shutter releases (1, 2) makes almost any still object a candidate for a small project. This time, DPS transforms a door bell
- Depth of Field Hell—The Sequel
The Online Photographer
A great DOF review by TOP. taking on the aspect of focal length and its relations to DOF
- Food Photography Made Easy: The Lunch Box
A great extrapolation to the all familiar light tent by David Hobby
- The dirty work. Packing up after the shoot....
The Visual Science Lab
Nobody likes to fold once a shoot is done. Kirk Tuck folds all by himself
- Make a DIY Macro Lens from Old Binoculars
Don't throw them old Binoculars, with some magic touch they will become your new macro lens
- Resurrect a Broken Camera as a Flowerpot
DIY and photography is not over when gear is broken. Resurrect a Broken Camera as a Flowerpot
- 8 Great Tips to Get More Out of Your Camera Batteries
trying to save those last few shots when your battery indicator starts blinking? here is how