In this edition: sending your camera to space, your flash to more than two and half meters upwards. And also keeping your gear protected, attaching lenses to lenses and to TLRs.
- Teens capture images of space with £56 camera and balloon
One of the projects I have seen. A bunch of kids sending a P&S into space and coming back with great results.
- 10 Tips When Using dSLRs in High Humidity
rain, sea, storm – keep your gear protected
- Ring light 4.1: fiber optic TTL ring flash
A nice project about DIY fiber ring light. A great mod for 10€ plus you’ll get anyone to pose in front of this future looking flash, just out of curiosity.
- HOW TO: Combine that old TLR with a DSLR for Retro Visual Sensation!
Liquid In Plastic
A great post showing how to DIY a twin Lens Reflex into a digital camera
- Moving Fast….
Joe McNally kicks ass with high speed desert Kong Fu and dancer images. All with just a gazillion small strobes
- The Sky is Blue and So Is the Ceiling
My Flash Diffuser Is BIGGER Than Yours
Two articles that show you how to make better use of your presslite vertex.
- Reversed 50mm – a dedicated Macro lens
A great intro into reverse lens macro photography. And having just posted the Back To Back Couplers post, you can make it even cheaper
- The LongArm and MetalHead – Taking Your Speedlite To New Heights
A great combo – LongArm and MetalHead will get your flash anywhere as long as it is 50 feet up in the air
- Shooting Portraits like a Pro On a Budget
Alexis Godschalk masters a studio with nothing but some bedsheets and some foam core boards. Who says you need a flash?