While this was super good news, the process of getting the files out of the camera and convert them to a RAW video was a bit cumbersome involving windows, mac, and after effects.
The good folks at Cinema5D just released a video explaining the fasted workflow to get a 5DmkII ML RAW file stream to RAW video. (movie after the jump)
The workflow involves 7 simple steps:
- Download the RAW files from the memory card
- Use ML’s raw2dng app that converts the files into DNG files
- Open the first file in photoshop RAW engine and perform any adjustments.
- Use the converted image and sync the settings to all the frames.
- “Save All” to TIFF files.
- Use QuickTime and “open sequence” and import the files. (I assume Premiere can do the same)
- Export to ProRes
There you go. Pretty straight forward now.