Hand Lighting Photography Tutorial: The White Feather
This tutorial is about creating a light painting tool that acts like a feather:
Use paper and scissors to create the tool:
Use it as you would usually do with a light painting tool (i.e. tripod, long exposure, black background).
Here are some tips if you want to try this yourself (hint, you do!)
- Use a remote control and set your camera in bulb mode to be able to control your exposure
- Try to use very short exposure time, to avoid your subject to be blurred
- Use a bright flashlight to ensure your subject is properly lit (at least 200 lumens)
- Wear black clothing to avoid getting ghost effects in the picture
- Try different shapes with the sheet of paper
Being Eric Pare, there are 360º views with the tool being used:
About The Author
Eric Pare is a photographer and the creator of the 24x360 project - is an experimental project using 24 cameras and lightpainting techniques. You can follow the 24x360 project here and his facebook here. this tutorial can be downloaded as a single cheat sheet here.