It is the Credit Card iPhone Holder. TADA! A while back I saw this great hack from Flickr user TheCase. It was about abusing a credit card and converting it into a mini tripod thingy. Think Glif, only flatter.
The original concept really rocks, and when I went and made one for myself, I discovered that the location of each of the cuts is crucial. So with The Case’s permission, I went out and made a template. Is it made with the best Photoshop practices? Probably not. Will it make you iPhone stand tall? Hell yea!
- Your credit card. Yea, you show that gear crave who’s the boss!!
- Template which you can download here.
- Print template on a sticker (make sure to not change the size)
- Apply on credit card
- Cut over the black lines
A few pointers
1. It is best to print the template on a sticker and then apply it to your credit card before cutting. You can always remove the sticker later.
2. Make sure you cut a wider slit on where the black lines are. This will allow the plastics to intersect with one another.
3. You absolutely must do this with a real credit card, not a fake one like I did.