It’s been about three months since its last update, and now the next release candidate for Adobe Camera Raw is here. If you’ve been waiting on support for the Panasonic LUMIX GH4, Camera Raw 8.5 now gives you the opportunity to do so. Along with it, a few more cameras from Olympus, Nikon, and Canon are added into the mix, receiving raw image support in the program; if you’re just getting into photography, editing the raw image files is one of the best things you can possibly do for your photos, so GH4 users out there should definitely give this update a look.
Unfortunately, like the last time, there’s no word on an update coming to Lightroom at all, so we’ll have to wait and see where that goes. Adobe Camera Raw 8.5 RC is now out for both Photoshop and Creative Cloud. Check out what else is featured – including new lens profiles, bug fixes, and software modifications – after the jump.
- After adding or selecting a Graduated or Radial Filter instance, click the new ‘Brush’ mode (next to existing ‘New’ and ‘Edit’ mode buttons) to reveal brush controls that allow you to modify the selected mask.
- Use the ‘Brush +’ and ‘Brush -‘ icon buttons in the brush controls pane to add to or erase from the selected mask.
- Press the ‘Clear’ button to remove all brush modifications from the currently selected mask.
- When a Graduated or Radial Filter instance is selected, Shift-K can be used to enter and leave brush modification mode.
- If the current panel’s settings are not the ACR defaults, clicking the new Per-panel Toggle Button will reset the panel to the ACR defaults.
Clicking the button again will restore the previous settings.
- This is a standalone feature, separate from the new Preview controls
- The changes are applied to the main view; if you have both the Before and After panes visible, changes will appear in the After pane.
- Nikon D1
New Camera Support
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
Fuji FinePix S1
Nikon 1 J4
Nikon 1 V3
Olympus OM-D E-M10
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4
New Lens Profile Support