3D Printed Brackets For Panoramic Photography
Here is an interesting piece of gear. A 3d Printed lens collar that is designed for panoramic photography (this one is for Samyang 8mm, but the concept is similar for all).
While both the concepts of automated panoramas and nodal-point brackets are not new, I believe Ilya Titov made one heck of an innovative piece of gear, which is feature rich and I would not be surprised if someone productized (or crowd-funded) it.
Aside from being a smart camera mount, Ilya had the mount quick release fitted and motorized (based on his iPhone rig design) so it can set up and shoot a full 360 panoramic in a minute or so.
"The camera mount is designed to fit the quick release plate slot of the
tripod and the spacing is tuned to match the nodal point of the lens.
This is great because you can take the camera off and snap it back on
without the need to tune the nodal point"
[Automated Spherical Panorama tripod for DSLR | Ilya Titov]
- Build Guide: A Modern Old Camera That Eats Photo Paper
- How To Build A Spherical Panoramic (360) Head
- A Shotgun Camera Tripod - Mounting A Camera Next To The Driver's Seat
- Use A Toilet Flange For Elevated Video While Kayaking
- PanoDuino Is The Most Awesomest 360 DIY Pano Head (Yes, Arduino Is Involved)